A new PS5 system software update arrived today July 7th and Sony has shared the full patch notes for 22.01-05.50.
There’s a lot to look forward to for PlayStation gamers. The release date for God of War Ragnarok was revealed for November and it will be available on both latest-gen and current-gen Sony systems.
However, if you are lucky enough to own a PlayStation 5, you will have received a brand new update to download and install.
PS5 System Update July 7th Patch Notes
Below are the full patch notes for PS5 system software update 2.01-05.50 shared today July 7th:
- For the best PlayStation experience, make sure your PS5 system software is always updated to the latest version. To learn more, see the online user guide from (Settings) on your PS5.
- Main features of this system software update:
- If you are using a TV that supports ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode), you can adjust the ALLM settings in [Settings] > [Screen and Video] > [Video Output] > [ALLM].If you select [Automatic]your TV will automatically switch to low latency mode while you are playing games.
- If you select [Off]ALLM will not be enabled except during VRR (variable refresh rate) output.
- This system software update improves system performance.
All system software updates
Below are all the system software updates that have been released for PS5 consoles so far, in addition to the one released today July 7:
This system software update improves system performance.
This system software update improves system performance.
In (Game Base), we have updated the following:
- Voice chats are now called parties.
- For easier access, we’ve split Game Base into three tabs: [Friends], [Parties] and [Messages].
- Now when you start a party, you can select either an open party or a closed party.
An open party allows your friends to join without an invitation. Friends of group members can also join.
A closed party is reserved for the players you invite.
- From the Game Base menu and control cards, you can now perform the following actions:
See all your friends under the [Friends] tab in the control menu.
Start Share Play directly from the voice chat card. You no longer need to start Share Screen to use Share Play.
Add a player to a group or create a new group directly from the message map. You can also send video clips, images, quick messages, and view group shared media from this card.
- Now when a member of a group shares their screen, you will see the broadcast icon. You can check this in the [Parties] tongue.
- The player search function and friend requests are now under the [Friends] tongue.
- We’ve made it easier to decline friend requests by adding a [Decline] button to your friend request list.
In (Accessibility), we’ve updated the following:
- We’ve updated the following for the screen reader:
The screen reader is now supported in six additional languages: Russian, Arabic, Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, and Korean.
The screen reader can now read notifications aloud.
- You can now enable mono audio for headphones so that the same sound plays through both left and right headphones.
When your headset is connected, go to [Settings] > [Sound] > [Audio Output] then turn on [Mono Audio for Headphones]. Otherwise, go to [Settings] > [Accessibility] > [Display and Sound] then turn on [Mono Audio for Headphones].
- You can now display a check mark on enabled settings so you can easily see that they are enabled.
Go to [Settings] > [Accessibility] > [Display and Sound] then turn on [Show Tick on Enabled Settings].
In (Trophies), we have updated the following:
- The visual design of trophy cards and the list of trophies have been updated.
- You can now see suggested trophies to earn on the trophy tracker when playing a game.
For the features available in the Create menu, we’ve updated the following:
- You can now start Share Screen and broadcast your game in an open party.
We added a new feature: voice control (preview).
- Voice Command (Preview) includes voice commands to find and open games, apps, and settings, as well as control media playback.
- To get started, go to [Settings] > [Voice Command] and turn on [Enable Voice Command (Preview)]. Then call “Hey, PlayStation!” and tell your PS5 to do something.
- You can use this feature to help you find and open games, apps, and settings, control your media without even touching a button, and more.
- Currently, Voice Command (Preview) is only available in English for players with PSN accounts in the US and UK.
We added Ukrainian language support.
Other updated features
- We have made the following enhancement to the Game Library:
- Under the [Your Collection] you can now filter your games by genre to find the games you want to play faster.
- We’ve pinned PlayStation Plus to the left edge of the games home screen.
- Now you can redeem monthly games faster.
- Access PS Plus game collections more easily from your home screen.
- We’ve added a button guide to show you how to reload and zoom while using the internet browser.
- If you want to report something a member of a group said, visual indicators now let you identify who was speaking. This will help PlayStation Safety take appropriate action based on your report.
- We’ve made the console safer for child accounts:
- When viewing a purchased or installed game that is prohibited from being played, the game background image is hidden.
- Activity cards, such as those displayed in Control Center or Game Hub, will not be displayed for age-restricted games.
- Now you can keep any games or apps you choose on your home screen.
- When you’re focused on a game or app, tap the options button to open the options menu and select [Keep in Home]. The games and apps you choose to keep will stay on your home screen.
- You can keep a maximum of 5 games and apps on each home screen.
- You can now have three more games and apps appearing on your home screen.
- We’ve changed the look of the User Guide to make it easier to read. If you prefer the old look, you can restore it.
- We now support more emojis.
- We changed the keyboard layout for Polish.
- We’ve updated the DualSense wireless controller software to improve stability.
Check PlayStation system software website for more information.
In other news, PUBG Update Today as New Deston Map Test Coming